savanna-all team mailing list archive

Re: domain name

'hostname -f' will return the fqdn in the form of hostname.domain
For example: myhost.novalocal
If no domain name is configured, it will simply return the hostname.
When a VM is provisioned, OpenStack sets the the domain on the vm based on information in nova.conf.

After provisioning a vm, savanna can execute this command to get the fqdn of the host and then set this information on the instance. It can also be used as a mechanism to determine when a host is reachable.

-John