SchoolTool/Moodle Follow-Up

Matt, Brett, Joe,

First off, could we move our conversation onto the
schooltool-developers list, as the SchoolTool developers are generally
interested in the discussion, and it is pretty low-traffic right now
otherwise.

Join: https://launchpad.net/~schooltool-developers

And then join the list if you haven't already.  Thanks.

Here's my current thinking: Using Moodle as an adjunct to more or less
traditional classes, particularly ones that take place during a
defined year and term, is a fundamentally different case (from
SchoolTool's point of view) than pulling data from Moodle courses
which don't conform to the flow of traditional years and terms (i.e.,
a virtual school) and which don't require interaction with assignments
outside of Moodle.

I think we should consider whether the cleaner, easier and less risky
implementation of the virtual schools cases is simply to create a new
set of objects that are primarily attached to individual students and
exist outside the year/term structure.  In the hybrid/traditional
cases, we can come up with a separate procedure for pulling Moodle
grades into the regular SchoolTool gradebook.

--Tom