translation group...

Upon closer inspection, the Launchpad translation policy is a bit more
complicated than I realized (big surprise).

Apparently in real life, it often makes more sense to organized
translators by language rather than by project.  Upon reflection, this
makes sense.  So what they actually recommend doing by default is
setting "Launchpad Translators" as the translation group, which, if I
understand correctly, includes teams for the constituent languages.  I
did create a team for "SchoolTool Translators," but it appears that
you probably have to contact the LP devs to create a "translation
group," which is different than a regular team.

So... I wouldn't mind Gedminas and other interested parties taking a
look at this:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators#Steps%20to%20Follow%20for%20Appointing%20a%20Team

I guess if there are no objections, we'll just switch to the
recommended default of "structured" permissions using the Launchpad
Translators group.

--Tom

Follow ups