Good SchoolTool/CanDo News

Hi all,

Got a phone call from David Welsh yesterday with three pieces of good news.

1) The Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) which collaborates
extensively with the Arlington Career Center through their Governor's
Academy, and is the second largest community college in the US with
over 72,000 (!?!) students, is going to start using CanDo as part of a
new initiative in career and technical education.

2) After this year's deployment of CanDo in Virginia Career and Tech
Centers in five counties, thirty eight sites have requested using
CanDo next year.  I think we have a little unit mismatch
counties/sites, but regardless, it is a lot more, and clearly the
schools who are using CanDo are talking to the ones who aren't, and it
is growing.

3) SchoolTool and CanDo have won a statewide award for educational
partnerships in Virginia, out of, iirc, seven regional nominees.

Now I just have to get David to fill in and write down a few more
details about some of this so I can get ready to have some excellent
PR to flog going forward.

--Tom

Follow ups