Re: Virtual UI Sprint:

Hi,

On 05/10/2011 12:09 AM, Tom Hoffman wrote:
Following up on this morning's discussion...

> From May 30 - June 10 we will have a virtual (i.e., remote) sprint on
the SchoolTool UI.

<...>
Some preliminary issues:

Justas's timetable refactoring should be in the development trunk
prior to this, as well as the UI work he's doing now.

  Right.

We need a spreadsheet (or database) of every view in the system.
Presumably a list can be generated from our ZCML with a little
trickery?  I think just a Google Doc would be best.

I was thinking about this - it will also help removing obsolete/unused views.

We'll have to park lots of screenshots daily, so if anyone has any
particular thoughts about that...

  Good point.  Thinking about requirements for such tool...

Need:
- albums (section views, course views)
- comments on pictures
- multi-user album edit/upload rights

Nice to have:
- OpendIDish login - via LP or Google.
- email updates on comments/pictures
- batch upload

  Didn't find anything quickly that matches these criteria.

We could use bzr branches, Ubuntu One shared folders, Picasa or similar photo sharing service. We could also quickly whip something up with Zope and host at POV. Preferably find some service that gives us all that.

OK, I'm looking forward to it!

  Me too!  (of course I'm somewhat already doing this ;) )

Regards,
Justas