Re: Hiding deployed report sheets

2011/6/6 Alan Elkner <aelkner@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hey Tom,
>
> I created a branch,
> lp:~aelkner/schooltool.gradebook/hide_report_sheets, with the new
> feature you requested for hiding and unhiding report sheets that have
> been deployed in a given term.  I didn't create a schoolyear view
> because the possible combination of term-only deployments with
> schololyear-wide deployments made it difficult to explain to the user
> what they would be hiding year-wide.  I hope it's ok that the user
> needs to go to each term to hide the report sheets.  I figure since it
> is a rare need, having to do it by term would not be such a bad
> expense for the user.

I imagine one wants to hide a report sheet during a term and unhide at
the end? Don't think one needs to hide per-year.

> I gracefully handled the case of there being no report sheets to hide
> or unhide, figuring the Cancel button would be convenient to get the
> user back to the term view.  Also, I provided a confirmation step, and
> everything is tested.  I attached screenshots for the various
> situations to allow you to suggest a change to something you don't
> like in the text or buttons.

Are you sure you really need a confirmation step?

I don't like that you can only select one sheet at a time, checkbox
list would be better I think.

> Thanks,
> Alan

I can merge this quickly. And a release is needed I heard? For Natty?

--
Gediminas