Re: male/female change

2011/10/13 Douglas Cerna <douglascerna@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Gediminas:
>
> I just noticed your last change:
>
> 3166. Revert female/male string change.
>
> and I wonder what's wrong with changing the i18n messages from male/female to Male/Female?
>
> Is it that we don't have enough time to get new strings translated? Is it that breaks tests?
>
> In my opinion, Male/Female are better for presentation purposes. We're using a similar approach in other vocabularies, like Resource/Location/Equipment.

True.

But the lowercase versions are already translated.

There were a few other places where I have reverted string changes to
avoid losing translations, e.g. links in the footer text.

I may change it in both places later, when I will deal with updated
translations.
I have to edit each *.po file and uppercase both the string and the translation.
Will add this to my translations todo list.

--
Gediminas