Re: Attendance nits

OK... so without digging through logs, I'm going to assume that my vague
memory is correct that we just kind of punted on the relationship between
homeroom and section attendance, and that's why nothing happens.  I'm
pretty sure the sequence of events was:

me: Make homeroom attendance update section attendance (waves hands)?
yvl: How exactly?  It is pretty complicated once you start trying to do it.
me: Oh yeah... just skip it for now.

The business logic of how homeroom/day attendance should automagically do
things to section attendance is actually very complicated and probably not
consistently applied in different schools. In particular, whether or not
the period teachers should still mark kids absent after they've been marked
absent in homeroom is definitely a local issue (and probably should be an
option in some reports).

On the other hand, period teachers definitely SHOULD get a heads up on the
homeroom attendance.  I was thinking about various tricky ways to do this,
and then just decided splitting each cell into top/bottom in the period
attendance view would probably work.  Douglas did a mock-up that
demonstrates it will fit: http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=263203

So... we should discuss it further, but I think this would be a good
approach.  Where there is a homeroom in the timetable, the period
attendance shows a top/bottom split between homeroom (read-only) and period
attendance.  The whole thing should be a target for editing the period
attendance if possible.  Hopefully this is reasonably doable.  So the
teacher is always cued in a clear way as to whether or not the kid is
supposed to be there that day, and they can explicitly mark it for the
period or not depending on how the school wants to handle it.

We may add some convenience links somewhere to sync the two, but we'll
worry about that later.

Also, one other thing I forgot.  Fill down doesn't work. It definitely
should.  Sort by doesn't either.

Oh... also, I think "Excused" makes more sense for the summary column than
"Unexcused" (with the numbers inverted, ofc).

--Tom