Re: grok and schooltool

Thomas:

What we did was to use the grokcore.* family packages, not the grok package itself, to get rid of some zcml in those packages (schooltool.contact and schooltool.basicperson)

If you check grok's configuration, you will see that its newer versions depends on the grokcore.* family. Those packages have been extracted from original grok in order to make them usable by other Zope 3 projects (like SchoolTool!)

For example if you're creating a view in grok and do something like:

import grok

class MyView(grok.View):

you can also do it in grok (and maybe other Zope 3 project) like:

import grokcore.view

class MyView(grokcore.View):

So, in SchoolTool we include grokcore.* packages configuration (in setup.py and configure.zcml) and we're able to use their functionality. We still have to use zcml to configure class security though.

I hope this clarifies a little what has been done. If you have more questions I gladly answer what I can :)

Regards, Douglas

"... allí­ es cuando te das cuenta que las cosas malas pueden resultar bastante buenas..." - Lionel Messi

Por favor, evite enviarme adjuntos de Word, Excel o PowerPoint.
Vea http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html