Re: grok and schooltool

Thomas:

Modifying an example of the the grokcore.view package documentation (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/grokcore.view):

class Hello(grokcore.view.View):
    grokcore.view.context(zope.interface.Interface)
    grokcore.view.name('anotherdifferentname')

This will register the Hello view class under the name "anotherdifferentname". This name can be used in URLs for example.

The grokcore.view package provides some of the directives provided by the grokcore.component package. They're like aliases. In fact, if you check the grokcore.view source (grokcore.view.meta) you will see that what it does is to import the original directives from grokcore.component and provides like an "alias" to them. This is what grok does too (in some places).

You can use the grokcore.component.name with other components like adapters, viewlets and utilities too.

I hope this helps.

Douglas

"... allí­ es cuando te das cuenta que las cosas malas pueden resultar bastante buenas..." - Lionel Messi

Por favor, evite enviarme adjuntos de Word, Excel o PowerPoint.
Vea http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html