Re: Difficulties entering our school into schooltool-2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Thomas Schweikle <tps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am having some(?) problems entering data into schooltool-2009. I
> could manage to enter teachers, students and administrators. But now
> I am stuck: some of our teachers are only available for some times:
>
> Teacher  1: Monday and Tuesday
>            german, math, physics
> Teacher  2: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5:00 to 12:00
>            Math, History
> Teacher  3: Wednesday and Thursday, Friday
>            physics, chemistry
> Teacher  4: Thursday
>            religion
> Teacher  5: Friday, and Thursday from 12:00 to 19:00
>            physics, Sports
> Teacher  6: Monday to Thursday
>            german, social science
> Teacher  7: Wednesday to Friday
>            history, social science
> Teacher  8: Saturday
>            sports, informatics, math
> Teacher  9: Monday to Friday from 5:00 to 12:00, Saturday
>            sports, physics, electronics
> Teacher 10: Monday to Friday from 12:00 to 19:00, Saturday
>            chemistry, history
> Teacher 11: Monday to Friday
>            German, English
> Teacher 12: Monday to Friday
>            French, Italian, social science
> Teacher 13: Monday to Friday
>            Russian, Spanish, biology
> Teacher 14: Monday to Friday
>            biology, chemistry
> Teacher 15: Monday to Friday
>            history, chemistry, biology
> Teacher 16: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 5:00 to 15:30
>            Tuesday, Thursday from 5:00 to 17:00
>            Saturday from 5:00 to 13:00
>            sports, physics, math, history
>
> How can I enter these teachers into schooltool-2009? Not all of them
> are available all days, some are available all days, but only at
> certain times. Not all of them can teach all courses and not all of
> them can teach courses of students of all ages!

Hi Thomas,

I think you're over-estimating what SchoolTool can do with the above
information.  That is, SchoolTool does not generate a timetable or
schedule itself.  I think you want something like FET -
http://www.lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/ - or Tablix - http://www.tablix.org/

Once you know when the sections meet, you should be able to enter all
that into SchoolTool.  Getting that process into the documentation is
my goal for the week...

--Tom