Re: enrollment status proposal

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Tom Hoffman <tom.hoffman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > I'm creating a proposal for tracking the enrollment status of people
> > in SchoolTool.
> >
> > Blueprint page on Launchpad:
> > https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/schooltool/+spec/enrollment-status
> >
> > Google Doc of full proposal:
> > http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXUw5wdlJ-oLYWZtYzU3azltMzZjXzEyN2N0NXJnZGNo&hl=en
> >
> > Alan and I are going to be hashing this out in detail at a meeting
> > next Tuesday.
> >
> > Your comments welcome!
> >
> > --Tom
[snipped]

I don't necessarily object to the idea of tracking a pupil/student as
they progress through an educational establishment, its just that this
blueprint does not relate to the British education system (I'm in the
UK) as it stands in the state school system.

It may be closer to our Public Schools (which are private and
fee-paying) but it certainly does not represent the home-schooling of
pupils (a legal entitlement since 1948).  Our colleges and universities
(concepts different to the United States over here) have yet another
system.

The current system is a "blank sheet" which we can adopt for
ourselves.  Could any introduction of this blueprint be optional?
--
Graham Todd