Re: enrollment status proposal

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Graham Todd <grahamtodd2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't necessarily object to the idea of tracking a pupil/student as
> they progress through an educational establishment, its just that this
> blueprint does not relate to the British education system (I'm in the
> UK) as it stands in the state school system.

I'm having trouble imagining how the general concept of "not yet
enrolled," "enrolled," "no longer enrolled" would not relate a school.
 Except maybe you can skip straight to "enrolled" if you'd never be
entering students before the end of the previous year.

> The current system is a "blank sheet" which we can adopt for
> ourselves.  Could any introduction of this blueprint be optional?

If we set "enrolled" to be the default state for a person, it should
be completely ignorable.

--Tom