Re: ical import

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:26 PM, mpaterson_au <mpaterson_au@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are just in the process of setting up schooltool on ourserver.
>
> Is there a way to import an ical calendar file?
>
> In the process of going through our bugs in Launchpad today, I was reminded
of how iCal export and the import capability that we still have actually
works.

If you navigate to a calendar and add '/calendar.ics' to the url, for
example:

http://localhost:7080/persons/teacher001/calendar<http://localhost:7080/persons/teach/calendar>
/calendar.ics

You should download an iCal representation of the calendar.

If you enter that same URL in a calendar client that supports HTTP upload of
calendars, you should be able to upload the calendar that way.  I haven't
actually tried it recently though...

--Tom