Re: I need to enter scores for students

Hi David,

The problem comes in when you mix package management strategies for
Python in Ubuntu.  SchoolTool uses .deb packages.  You can also
install Python packages from source (sudo python setup.py...) or using
the 'easy_install' native Python packaging system.  If you do a source
install of SchoolTool, it keeps everything in a clean sandbox.

Anyhow, mixing packaging systems is the most likely source of a
conflict, if there is one.

The first step, however, is making sure the python-paste .deb package
is still installed. (i.e., sudo apt-get install python-paste).

--Tom