scratch team mailing list archive

Re: doubts in translating scratch.

On 19.02.2010, at 05:48, malathi selvaraj wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to translate the scratch in Tamil.
>
> When i going to edit page it shows the original words as %b and %b,Here what is the meaning of %b ,what should i put for that?

These are place holders which will be replaced by tiles later. This is so you can change where in the tile label the argument tiles will appear.  So just keep these place holders as they are. E.g. a German translation for "%b and %b" would be

  "%b und %b"

but you could even insert words before or after

  "foo %b bar %b fum"

There is some advanced info here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Translation/Translating_Scratch

- Bert -