scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Scratch on Solaris

Hi Gideon,

As Bert suggested, it should be possible to compile your own Squeak VM for
Solaris, and then use it to run the Scratch image. You can get the
Scratch.image file by unpacking the Scratch Ubuntu package, available here:

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_1.4_Download

Execute it with a script similar to the one used in Ubuntu, i.e.:

/usr/bin/scratch_squeak_vm \
-plugins /usr/lib/scratch/Plugins \
-vm-sound-pulse \
/usr/lib/scratch/Scratch.image "${@}"

The pulse plugin won't be a good solution for you - I'm not sure about sound
plugins for Solaris based systems, but there should be more available on
that on the squeak website.

Scratch On!
Amos
Scratch Team