scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Scratch for Ubuntu now available on our main download page

Hi Derek,

Hrm.. Well I did some checking into the camera issue. I went back to make
sure that the compiler commands were the same before and after I changed the
makefile / build process to meet Ubuntu standards, and they were.

I went back to the previous version of the source for the camera plugin,
prior to some changes you sent to me to check in a while back.  I ran the
makefile and replaced my current CameraPlugin with the result and the new
old plugin worked. Here's the diff of the old revision and the newer one,
which is the latest.

http://www.assembla.com/code/scratchonlinux/subversion/node/diff/36/14/src/plugins/camera/sqCamera-linux.c

The comment for the new one:

Removed RGB24 to ARGB32 conversion. Now request
ARGB32 directly from V4l / lib4vl and memcpy result straight to Squeak
buffer (by Derek - checked in by Amos)

It's weird - I thought I tested that after checking in the changes, but
perhaps I was still using a previously built plugin and didn't realize it.
There were some issues with how we were compiling / overwriting the old
plugins for a bit back then, so that may be why things appeared to be
working as they had previously.

Anyway - please take a look and let me know what the best solution would be.

Thanks!
Amos

--
_____