scratch team mailing list archive

it would be nice ...

It would be nice if you had an RPM compiled package for Linux, for the Fedora/Suse/Mandriva distros (mine being Mandriva). Or at least a generic *.tar.gz compiled package. Many on non-Debian/Ubuntu Linux don't have the skills or inclination to compile from source.
(Especially on more user-friendly distros like Mandriva.)

I've downloaded the scratch_1.4.0.1.tar.gz source package from the Linux page.
It doesn't seem to include compile instructions.
(I would have expected that documented in a readme file.)
Please let me know if I should use something other than "make".

By the way, I notice that there are 2 translations files for french, fr.po and and fr_CA.po. On reviewing the files, I see that none of the phrases to be translated touch the few differences between France and Canada (which are primarily accent).
(The best online reference for french technical terms is based in Canada.)
For most of the differences between the 2 files, one (if not both) are clearly in error; the others generally depend on the context (which can only be determined by running the software). I would like to correct the translations (producing identical files), after compiling the program and verifying the contexts.
Also I would be interested in translating the help files (into french).

Again, please let me know if I should use something other than "make" to compile scratch.

André

Follow ups