scratch team mailing list archive

Re: A few patches for scratch

On 11/05/10 15:29, Amos Blanton wrote:
For the sake of distros that don't use pulseaudio, we probably shouldn't make pulseaudio a dependency anyway. But in order to change that, we need some logic in the "scratch" startup script that checks for pulseaudio, and loads the correct plugin if it finds it, else check for ALSA and load that plugin, else check for OSS and load that plugin, else just try to run with no plugin and no sound.

Anyone else have thoughts / recommendations?

Check with Ian Piumarta but I think the VM does this already. At least there was talk of it not so long ago.

-D