scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Almost built on Fedora 12 x64_64

 Hi John,

Have you tried forcing the installation of the 32 bit package first? A lot of people have reported good luck with that approach on Ubuntu -- I wonder if it would work with Fedora as well.

A true 64 bit version would require a 64 bit Squeak VM, which if I remember correctly is a long way off. And Scratch is not currently compatible with later versions of the Squeak VM, and it seems unlikely we'll make the shift since the next version of Scratch will most likely be written in Flash (and should work on most platforms).

Amos
Scratch Team
http://scratch.mit.edu/