scratch team mailing list archive

Re: No support for LEGO WeDo in Scratch on Linux

On 05/16/2011 03:23 AM, Michael Vorburger wrote:

oh? great!

let me know if you need a beta tester..

Hi Michael,

We need a beta tester! :)

Can you test a new Scratch on Linux package that should work with the WeDo?

You can download it here:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/vp0/

It's a package for i386 architecture, but if you need to you can install it on amd64 machines following the instructions here:

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_on_Linux

On my system it can take about 10 seconds for Scratch to find the WeDo, and add the new blocks. But once it does, they all seem to work.

Thanks,
Amos