scratch team mailing list archive

Solving the lack of a 64 bit squeak-vm problem with i386 multiarch package

I've been interested in the support for multiarch in Oneiric. Seems like this makes it possible for us to make a 32 bit Scratch package that would be installable on 64 bit systems without requiring the user to go the command line and use -f. (i.e. straight from a ppa or, eventually, from the repositories once we get the licensing sorted out).

Many of you know more about packaging than me - Does it seem feasible to make Scratch a multiarch package that depends on the 32 bit squeak vm in the repositories? Here are the best instructions I've found:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation