[Question #143850]: Can you change debugging behavior of Sikuli in Java?

I'm writing my own logging for a Java application using Sikuli and wanted to mute the debug messages always printing to the console.

I was looking a the Debug section on the Java docs at http://sikuli.org/doc/java-x/ and it said "Change the value of the DEBUG_LEVEL constant using a system property: sikuli.Debug" which seems to me like I should be able to set the level of debugging messages.

When I try directly trying to change this parameter it throws a "Field not visible" error. And there are no functions to set this parameter that I can find in the "Debug" section of the Java docs.