Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

yarko gave more information on the question:
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:54 AM, RaiMan <question144310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Your question #144310 on Sikuli changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/144310
>
> RaiMan posted a new comment:
> the intention was, to either use an existing browser window or open the
> browser and wait until the window is ready.
>
> the construct for this purpose has to be
>
> browser = App("firefox")
> browser.focus() # opens FF if not open
> while not browser.window():
>     wait(1)
> type("l", KEY_META); wait(0.5)
> paste("www.sikuli.org"); type(Key.ENTER)

Two notes:

- This too doesn't work (I seem to be in the while loop eternally;  with
this construct, firefox never sees the text, and I can quit firefox, but
sikuli IDE never returns to focus - so I assume it's still in the loop;   in
the previous construct you posted, kit would repeatedly open firefox:   e.g.
 firefox would get no text;  I would quit firefox, firefox would (in the
loop) get opened again...   I had to force/quit sikuli in the small window I
had between firefox re-launching / gaining focus.

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04-307-10M3261)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03-307, mixed mode)

How can I help debug this?
Also - what is the expected return from <app object>.window()?

Regards,
Yarko

--
Regards,