Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

RaiMan requested for more information:
Absolutely right, the first loop was not very intelligent ;-)

But the last one absolutely works fine.

<app object>.window() (same as window(0)) contains the region of the
app's frontmost window. This is None, if no window is there (this is the
case, as long FF is starting up and when it is running (even if no
window is open, FF opens a new one, if gets focus)).

I doubt it might have something to do with your "firefox3", since the
standard name of FF when installed on Mac is Firefox.app. Just check
with the task-monitor the name of the system process.

So I guess you have Safari on your machine also ;-)
Make a test with "Safari" instead of "firefox3" and I bet it works.