Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

yarko gave more information on the question:
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM, RaiMan <
question144310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your question #144310 on Sikuli changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/144310
>
> RaiMan posted a new comment:
> Really strange, I have exactly the same environment as you have and it
> works like a charm.
>
> Currently the only difference is, that I am using a pre-version of
> Sikuli X-1.0rc2 (planned release 10th Feb), that I have bulild myself as
> a fully 64-Bit version from source.
>
> But as far as I remember with X-1.0rc1 this worked for me too.
>
> I have two monitors and am using Spaces.

.... same here;

> The only problems I had with this loop was, when Safari or Firefox was
> running already and their windows where in different Spaces (the
> App.focus currently does not switch Spaces). but even in one Space it
> was no problem having Sikuli on Screen(0) and FF opening on Screen(1).

Haven't played w/ them in different spaces....

> Try the following:
> - everything on Screen(0)
> - quit FF (no more open window)
> - open Sikuli-IDE by double-clicking the app symbol
>
> test 1: in IDE:
> browser = App("Firefox")
> browser.focus()
> wait(5)

Yes - as I remember / expected (it's the while loop that hangs!) -
additionally,   IDE console output is:
Sikuli vision engine loaded.
Text Recgonizer inited.
Mac OS X utilities loaded.
VDictProxy loaded.
EventManager loaded.
[log] App.focus Firefox3(0) #0
[log] openApp: "Firefox3"
[debug] close all ScreenHighlighter
[debug] close all ScreenHighlighter
[info] Exited with code 0

> You should see FF start up, open an empty window and finally Sikuli-IDE
> should come back (partly hidden by FF). leave FF as is.
>
> test 2: in IDE:
> browser = App("Firefox")
> browser.focus()
> wait(1)
> r = Region(browser.window(0))
> print r
> r.highlight(3)
>
> before starting the script put e.g a Finder window in front of the FF
> window.
>
> running: the FF window should come to front and for 3 seconds have a red
> frame around it. After that Sikuli-IDE should come back.

> the print r should have produced something like:
> Region[66,22 1682x1047]@Screen(0) E:Y, T:3,0
> and may be the highlight produced a log message.

Yes - correct:  here is the IDE log:

[log] App.focus Firefox3(0) #0
[log] openApp: "Firefox3"
Region[127,29 1491x984]@Screen(0) E:Y, T:3.0
[log] highlight Region[127,29 1491x984]@Screen(0) E:Y, T:3.0 for 3.0 secs
[debug] close all ScreenHighlighter
[debug] close all ScreenHighlighter
[info] Exited with code 0

> If this does not work (no more betting ;-), you should have a try with
> rc2 in a few days.

It works.

I will try Netbeans (haven't used).

I may also see if I can try to build from repo, and see how that goes.

--
Regards,
- Yarko