Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

RaiMan posted a new comment:
Really strange, I have exactly the same environment as you have and it
works like a charm.

Currently the only difference is, that I am using a pre-version of
Sikuli X-1.0rc2 (planned release 10th Feb), that I have bulild myself as
a fully 64-Bit version from source.

But as far as I remember with X-1.0rc1 this worked for me too.

I have two monitors and am using Spaces.

The only problems I had with this loop was, when Safari or Firefox was
running already and their windows where in different Spaces (the
App.focus currently does not switch Spaces). but even in one Space it
was no problem having Sikuli on Screen(0) and FF opening on Screen(1).

Try the following:
- everything on Screen(0)
- quit FF (no more open window)
- open Sikuli-IDE by double-clicking the app symbol

test 1: in IDE:
browser = App("Firefox")
browser.focus()
wait(5)

You should see FF start up, open an empty window and finally Sikuli-IDE
should come back (partly hidden by FF). leave FF as is.

test 2: in IDE:
browser = App("Firefox")
browser.focus()
wait(1)
r = Region(browser.window(0))
print r
r.highlight(3)

before starting the script put e.g a Finder window in front of the FF
window.

running: the FF window should come to front and for 3 seconds have a red
frame around it. After that Sikuli-IDE should come back.

the print r should have produced something like:
Region[66,22 1682x1047]@Screen(0) E:Y, T:3,0
and may be the highlight produced a log message.

If this does not work (no more betting ;-), you should have a try with
rc2 in a few days.

Comments on the other things:
- if I want to debug Sikuli scripts I use Netbeans with the Jython plugin. There the debugger works fine.
- Since a friend of mine needed a Win7 laptop, I gave him my MacBookPro/Bootcamp/Win7. So the next thing I will do is test Sikuli in this VM environments (again, with 0.10 there were many problems) with Parallels and the new Version of VirtualBox.