[Question #149401]: Python datetime instruction issue

HI
I am trying to extract the current date, month, year from a python instruction in Sikuli.
In course i used instructions like
1) localtime = time.asctime( time.localtime(time.time()))
2) localtime = time.localtime(time.time())

I failed with the first one as the array element position was changed.
Now i am using the second one to extract the datetime.

I want to know that is this problem frequent. If yes, then how can i avoid it. Is there a probable workaround.
If no then is there a specific interval after which the array element position interchanges?

Hope for your early response.