Re: [Question #150145]: IndexError: index out of range: 0

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- also my code runs fine if I comment the "import subprocess"
statement.

LOL, sorry. first, this is clear, since the import subprocess makes the
problem. second, then why are you needing to import subprocess if you do
not use any of its features - or do you want to use it?

--- But we do not have the same:
I have: ['C:\\Windows\\system32\\cmd.exe', '/c']
You have: ['cmd.exe', '/c']

The BigByte might know why.

So if this should work, C:\Windows\system32 has to be on system path.
Just check it to be sure.

Only a question, do not blame me for asking;-)
Did you make any changes in the lower part (should read like SystemVariables) of the extended System Properties? A normal User should only make changes in the upper part, that is specific for the user.