Re: [Question #152506]: Running sikuli on Virtual machine

There seem to be many problems in different combinations when trying to
run Sikuli inside a virtual machine. The symptoms vary depending on the
combination used. (newest report: bug 752065).

I am running Mac OS X 10.6 and use Parallels and Virtual Box.

Parallels/Windows7: IDE shows black screen, but Sikuli basic features
(click, find, ...) run, when running a script from commandline. Does not
matter which screen mode is used (problems with cursor symbol,
highlight() and other minor odds)

V-Box/Ubuntu 10.10 64Bit: IDE and everything else runs fine (using
fullscreen mode, did not try windowed)

When having Parallels/Win7 in windowed mode, a script running in host
(Mac), works fine: finding and clicking inside the V-Box window is no
problem (with the addition, that on Mac you always have to solve the
App.focus() problem).

So my guess is, that it is a problem with the native Java interfaces
accessing the screen in a virtual environment.

I have already posted a request bug, to get some Java based test tool,
that runs some Sikuli related checks and reports problems with the
current environment.

Without this it is always a good idea, to check the Sikuli basics using
the new interactive  commandline feature:

java -jar path-to-siculi-script.jar -i

which opens an interactive Jython session, with Sikuli initialized, so
you can just do some tests like:

img = capture()
print find(img)

and other tests, that help to analyze the situation, while getting
instant feedback.