Re: [Question #162881]: Groovy API

--- Is there an issue open to address this ...
Will be fixed in rc3

--- I need to put waits ...
It is simply to pause the script for a while, so that the next internally taken screenshot contains the visual object to search for. Since these are times below 0.5 seconds, we are talking about, you cannot realize it looking at the screen.

--- best practices around helping the engine find matches quickly
The only thing that really helps, is to restrict the region to the area, that contains the element you are looking for.
It is risky and time consuming, to search an element of 30x30 pixel (e.g. the buttons in an applications menu bar) on the whole screen, when you know, where it might be.

example:
- Firefox 5 HomeButton right side of menu bar
- MacBook Air (1280x800) Core2Duo 1,86
- whole screen: 0.4 seconds
- restricted to menu bar: 0.08 seconds

--- rc3 sikuli-script.jar