[Question #163315]: Using Sikuli for layout/visual testing

We have a integration test suite built on top of Cucumber. Even though we were able to automate the UI behavior testing we haven't been able to automate the UI appearance testing.

I am wondering if I can use Sikuli for this purpose. Ideally this is the approach I want to take

Test Data preparation
==============
- Capture the screen shots for each screen and store the images in a known location. This is a one time process.

Visual testing
========
1) Launch the screen for visual test.

2) Compare the screen to the expected screen.

I haven't figured how to perform the step 2. How do I compare the entire screen to a stock image?

This is one of the approaches I am thinking. Let me know if I am on the right track.

import sys
image = sys.argv[1]
switchApp("Firefox.app")
if exists(Pattern(image).similar(0.91)):
 print "success"
else:
 print "failure"