Re: [Question #163812]: Sikuli & Continuous Integration with Hudson

--- have a look at https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/153455

--- - How and where will the tests be run (local or remote)?
that is not the real problem.
the question was meant: Will the Sikuli tests run on the same machine as the app to be tested?
Since if not, there will be some extra effort (VNC, RemoteDesktop, X11, ...)
There are some discussions about that in these Q&A's.

--- Python is nice, but Ruby is nicer ;-)
I just decided to switch totally to JRuby as far as Sikuli is concerned.
The main reason (beside all the other nice things for easy scripting and I am longer with Ruby than with Python): You can reopen classes even on the Java level. So it is very easy, to tweek Sikuli as you need it: you miss something - just add it on the fly. If you want to do this with Python (e.g. want a new method for Screen, Region, Match, ...), you have to modify the existing sikuli-script.jar or even rebuild it, if you step down to the Java level. No need for that with JRuby.