Re: [Question #124759]: Can you run Python and call Sikuli from there? --- use XML-RPC

Description changed to:
*** see related question: https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/162676/+edit
*** see faq 1331
*** a pure Java Solution (by Enix Shen https://launchpad.net/~enix12enix)
      at https://github.com/enix12enix/sikuliserver

Is it possible to run Python scripts (Python, not Jython) that somehow
import / call Sikuli functionality from there?

The reason I ask is that I've got some code that uses various Python
modules and I don't think I can get them to run under Jython (which
Sikuli uses; I could be wrong in that supposition as I'm new to Jython,
but some Google searches suggested this was the case)

I found some answers that hint at doing this sort of thing, but they are
not that explicit in what they're saying and I get the impression that
sometimes in a few of them they say Python when they mean Jython (I
realise they share the same syntax, but they're not identical in terms
of being able to import libraries like BeautifulSoup etc as far as I can
tell)

Some examples that seem related:
How to include Sikuli in other python / jython programs

Running tests using Python's unittest

Any help or pointers gratefully appreciated

Thanks,
Neil