[Question #169519]: App class not working on Ubuntu 11.04 (QT issue?)

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the App class to manipulate my applications on Ubuntu 11.04 x32 as follows:

foo = App("path to my app")
foo.open()
foo.focus()
... do stuff ...
foo.close()

The open works fine, but the focus throws an error (app not found) and the close throws no error but does print a log message.

I tested using a couple of the built in Ubuntu games and it works Ok, so there's something presumably about my apps. Unlike on Mac, there doesn't seem to be a spaces-in-strings issue.

My only thought is that the apps are written in Qt, though they appear to have normal title bars.

If anyone knows of a diagnostic test I could run to see what might be up, I would be most grateful.