Re: [Question #174609]: X-1.0rc3: IDE: Indentation issue with rc2 script --- set tab-width in Preferences

Another example of: pictures are telling more than 1000 words ;-)

Do you have an editor at hand, that can show invisible characters like
space, tab, newline with special symbols?

If yes, open <script-name>.py file (contained in the folder <script-
name>.sikuli) with this editor. make the invisible characters visible.

My guess: in your rc2-scripts you will see real tabs as indentation.
This is the only explanation for these symptom. In the IDE the real tab
counts as one character, but advances in the editor pane to four spaces.
The conversion of a tab to 4 spaces is currently only done when typing
in the IDE - not when the script is loaded.

If you do not have an editor at hand, just send me the zipped .sikuli
folder from the video to my mail at  https://launchpad.net/~raimund-
hocke. I will check.

A workaround would be, to change all tabs to 4 spaces in such a capable
editor directly in the .py files with search-and-replace.

If I am right, then this bug should stay alive and I would make it ready
for the developers.