Re: [Question #176949]: Help to make a bot

RaiMan proposed the following answer:
Ok, I had a look at the game and especially at the possibility to make a bot for the combat situations.
And I remember the situation earlier this year: it was the combat with gobblies.

conclusion again:
No, it is not possible
- you have to decide and select a weapon/spell (some are not available, exhausted in that turn or do not have any effect for the target)
- you have to check, wether the target can be reached with the selected weapon
- you have to decide wether it makes sense to move and then do it
- you have to track the time of the turn and realize, when a turn ends and a new one starts
- you have to track the target (did it move? at least at the end of the turn it moves)
- It gets even more complicated, if you have a group of targets (which of them should be attacked first)
- ... and some more aspects

Even if you use the grid in Sikuli, to restrict the regions to process,
all the checks you have to make before and after an action will take
some time (e.g. as an average a search in a small region of 100x100
costs about 0.2 seconds: If you have to check, wether the target has
moved, this will cost you 2 to 5 seconds).

To get an acceptable performance, you have to invest massively into
multitasking, which results in complex programming.

So again I have to say: If you are a trained player, you will be able to
do the combat in the same time as it would be with a Sikuli script (in
which you invested a huge amount of time before and it will never be
perfect) and you can only sit in front and do nothing else during the
time the script runs. So what is the benefit?

I herewith close my activities on this subject.