Re: [Question #136146]: Automatic script generation?

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- recorder
Sikuli is to some extent system independent (Windows, Mac, Linux), but recorders are system specific (I do not know a recorder, that works on all 3 systems). pyhook is not only C-based and so not useable with Jython it is even only available for Windows.

--- Java based
In my opinion, every solution has to be built on the Java level, to be globally useable with Sikuli. So a first research might be to find out, what Java supporting features are available for this.

--- starting point
What Tom Yeh is doing together with the extension Guide and some first researches to create a visual editor (you have to look into the sources) are very interesting.

--- possible solution: coexistence
You might take any tool, that allows to track GUI actions and produce some output. Then take this output and create Sikuli code from that. This might be implemented with sub processing to make it interactive to some extent.

Would be interesting to here more of your ideas.