Re: [Question #177997]: IDE: Not used images are purged when saving script --- solution

RaiMan changed the question status:
I changed the status to "Needs information", so it is save against
expiring.

Come back whenever it makes sense.

Use the button "Just add a comment" to leave the status as is.

I sometimes face strange situations like the one here especially when
rerunning scripts in the IDE, but never, when I run the scripts from
command line.

This takes me to another idea:
You say, you run your script from command line. Are you using Sikuli-IDE.bat for that? If yes: you are still using the IDE and its startup code, but it just runs your script without showing up and terminates at end of script.

If you want to run your scripts from command line without any participation of IDE code, you have to use sikuli-script.jar to run your scripts:
java -jar path-to-sikuli-script.jar you-name-it.sikuli

you might add some helpful java parameters, but this principally works.