Re: [Question #185551]: How to write results in existing excel

As far as I understand xlwt: you cannot open an existing workbook and a
worksheet in it, to change its contents or add something.

You might try to use xlrd, to get the current content of your XLS, make your changes/additions to your stuff and then use xlwt to write the updated XLS back to disk.
I did not have a deeper look at xlrd/xlwt yet, so I cannot tell you about the effort to get a workbook/sheet content from xlrd over to xlwt.
Since the documentation is rather poor you have to look into the sources and do some try&error.

good look.