Re: [Question #185846]: how to reassign App following splash screen

Description changed to:
The GUI I'm working with starts with a splash screen where the user
selects a profile to load. I have this automated with no issues. My
problem is after the profile is selected and the GUI is launched, my App
instance has no knowledge of the existance of the GUI.  I think it is
still linked to the splash screen that opened when I ran the App.open
command.

I attempted to do the following to reassign the App instance, but it
doesn't appear to have success finding the window and assigning it.

self.guiWin = App.open(filename_FOO)
wait(1)
#click correct profile
#click "Launch"
#splash screen closes, full GUI opens (window title is: FOO version X.Y.Z)
self.guiWin = App("FOO")
self.guiWin.focus()

FYI, I also tried
self.guiWin = App.focus("FOO")

Neither option allows me to focus and control the GUI after the splash
screen.

Updated information:

This works in a normal script:
guiWin = App("WinName")
guiWin.focus()

This doesn't work in my unit test class:
self.guiWin = App("WinName")
self.guiWin.focus()

Why these would behave differently?