Re: [Question #185846]: how to reassign App following splash screen

Since you are talking about window titles, I suppose you are working on
Windows.

And it seems you are using the unit test feature of Sikuli IDE (might be
of interest: faq 1804)

I tried to reproduce your situation on my Windows 7, but for me it
worked.

# my script

def setUp(self):
    print "***** setup"
    self.np = App("test1.txt")
    self.np.focus()
    self.np.window().highlight(2)

def test1(self):
    print "***** test1"
    self.np = App("test.txt")
    self.np.focus()
    self.np.window().highlight(2)

This successfully switched between 2 open notepad windows with the
respective window title containing the given text.