[Question #187024]: How Can I use variables as part of a path

Hello all!

I would like to have Sikuli prompt the user for two items, a number and a name.  I would then like to create a folder (directory) based on these variables.  Something like:

number = input ("Please Enter Job#")
name = input ("Please Enter Job Name")

and then later in the script, after calling a command line:

type ("mkdir c:\data\(number) - (name)\output")

Didn't work.  :(

So I tried:
type ("mkdir c:\data\"(number) - (name)"\output")
In an effort to not keep (number) or (name) as literal text.  But that didn't work either.  :(

I assume that there is a way, but as a neophyte at ANY sort of programming, I cannot seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help,

Joe