[Question #189507]: Controlling multiple applications in series

I have a set routine of applications that I use, say:

A -> B -> C -> D

Within in application sikuli controls the goings on with many and varied steps.  Opening files, clicking buttons etc.  The time that sikuli spends in each Application (A to D) can vary.

I'm wondering if there is a way to put each application in its own 'module' and yet still have sikuli wait some appropriate time for each 'import' function to finish before proceeding to the next.

Best I can think of is to have the subroutines write a file with a 1 and loop the main program to look for a 1 signifying it's complete.

Thanks!

Mike