Re: [Question #193287]: Problems when running javaw.exe or java.exe with hidden console

bengalih is still having a problem:
Thanks for your quick response.  Unfortunately when you ask me to be
more specific, I'm not sure what I can offer...

The problem seems to be that the ctrl-shft-alt-L hotkey which trigger
this detection does not work when called in the manners I mentioned.

Since it works when I run it in standard java.exe - with my log - I
can't see any problems there (since it works!).  When i run it with the
log window hidden, either by being called with java.exe (with a hidden
console window) or javaw.exe it doesn't work either way.  Because there
are no logs in this manner, I can't say exactly what it is getting hung
up on, but it would appear to be the the def defined above for finding
the disappearing image.  Since, as you mention I am unable to use any
other hotkeys, it must be stuck in this handler (AND, when I disable
this hotkey - which BTW runs once upon startup) all the other hotkeys
work.

Now, just to make sure I comment on each of your suggestions:
1 - I have tried it with a shortcut like this (updating the paths for my system) and I have the same issue.
2 - As you say, I do have the loop properly - I have not written an exit key into my Sikuli script, my AutoIt script kills all child processes it spawns when I exit it, including the Sikuli script.
3 - Well, I can try to create another test script - and it is possible it may work, but that still won't tell me why its not working in this script.  As far as using the region of the app window, I'm not sure that would do anything since the app.window is pretty much full screen.  (BTW it's AutoIt that I use, not AHK..but very similar)

It doesn't make alot of sense to me why this would work fine when
running via java.exe with a normal console vs. javaw - I would think
they should be exactly the same.  I also don't know why this particular
def routine is the only one with a problem.  The only thing I can think
of is that it takes an excessive amount of CPU when scanning the whole
screen for the disappearing image.  The app that it is scanning is also
CPU intensive, so there are a few seconds at startup when we are pegged
at/near 100% CPU utilization.  However, this is the case regardless of
how I run it...so not really sure that solves the problem.

I would appreciate anymore info you can provide, especially if you can
help me gather more logging info when running as javaw.exe (I followed
some instructions but can't see anyway to get a console).  BTW I am on
Win 7 64-bit, but using the 32-bit Java as stated in the docs.

thanks.