Re: [Question #193849]: [EXAMPLE] XBMCFlix-o-mate Automating Netflix Silverlight Controls

bengalih posted a new comment:
I like the change to the screen region routines.... I do use the DRY
approach in my VBscripting, but wasn't sure exactly how to pass those in
the Python subroutine...your example helped with that.

Regarding your quote:
"--- one more thing more ;-)
# in toggleEnglishSubtitles
    subtitleControl = ControlBarRegion.exists("subtitles.png",1)
    if subtitleControl:

... could be
    if ControlBarRegion.exists("subtitles.png",1):

Your version only makes sense, if you could use subtitleControl again later in your code,
e.g. instead of
      ControlBarRegion.click("subtitles.png")
use
      click(subtitleControl)"

I do use subtitleControl again directly following that where I set "subtitleOptions = subtitleControl.nearby(100)"
is there a more efficient way to do that, or did you just overlook that?

Multi-monitor may be necessary for some fringe users...I was not too
worried about supporting it, but if it is easy enough to account for, I
might as well.  I looked over some of the documentation on
Region.getScreen and the bounds() and am still a bit confused what I
would have to do to implement this.

Up to this point, all window activation is being handled by the AutoIt
script as I couldn't find a way for Sikuli to detect windows without
bringing one into focus.  So would I need to use the .App class to
somehow find the Netflix window and then use a .getScreen?  I am unsure
at what points I need to define this?  Can I just do it once within the
def setRegion?

Part of the problem is that the way not only the new way IE deals with
Windows (multiple hidden instances of IE) but also something I have not
yet figured out seems to happen when NetFlix goes into Fullscreen.  It
seems that there are separate multiple windows open for IE and
Silverlight (even though silverlight is just running as a plugin to IE).
It is hard to track down because like Heisenberg...when Netflix is in
true Full  Screen I can't gather info from anything...and as soon as I
switch to a window finder tool, or task manager, I take Netflix out of
true fullscreen!

I also don't have a multimonitor setup to test, but if there a few
simple commands I can put in for a best-effort for those that might be
using it, I wouldn't mind.

thanks.