Re: [Question #193849]: [EXAMPLE] XBMCFlix-o-mate Automating Netflix Silverlight Controls

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- Regarding the "Criticism" statement:
I totally agree with all that you say.
In any case one should talk about things, that you think should be changed by other people, in a way, that does not hurt or sounds arrogant. The easiest way to do this is how your college teacher told you to do it.
On the meta level it is a question of culture or other social aspect, how you name it, when "criticizing" something/someone. I do not have any problems to name it criticism, since for me this is neutral. But naming it feedback might be accepted easier by most people.
Nevertheless, I think statements like "This is not criticism, but ...." are needless or even dangerous, when you give feedback in a positive way (like you do it). Untrusting people might escalate the discussion in the wrong direction and others might take it as an upfront excuse like I mentioned above (and take it as a sign for uncertainty).

One last thing, that is really inviting to comment:
You say: I tend to never even use the work criticize and in general dislike when others use it .
But then: Why do you say: The above is not a criticism. ??? ;-)

--- grouping Sikuli users
Very good classification.
I guess no one knows about the percentages.
I think, there are many out there in group 1), but they are rather quiet in this forum (little questions, some bugs, a few answers). Some of them talk about their testing solution somewhere else in the net.
The people from group 2) try to do some stuff with Sikuli and either win or loose. In some cases they ask "stupid" questions and in many cases they have problems to understand the answer (because already the question topic is beyond their scripting knowledge). These people would need tutorials and copy-paste examples, but that is rather complex with Sikuli.
I think the most people asking questions in this Q&A board belong to group 3). I have many cases, where it comes out, that they have tried different solutions/approaches sometimes for days, then finally decided to ask and are surprised about how easy the solution sometimes comes along. I think these people would need more intelligent/interactive tutorials. Nevertheless: I agree, that at some places in the docs more coding examples should be added.

--- game bots
I agree, that trying to automate a game (at least one where you play with others) is not very fair. But trying to cheat is as old as mankind ;-)
I think there is another valid aspect: Trying to make a game bot with Sikuli is the most challenging thing among all scenarios, since its GUI's are far more complex than with normal apps and scripting the rules and actions is a very demanding job. So if you finally succeed in getting it to work, you can be very proud.

Thanks for talking ;-)

All the best and always welcome with new questions.