[Question #202787]: UnicodeDecodeError when attempting the most basic command in the Sikuli IDE 1.0rc3

Hi,

I've set up a Win7 32 bit with Sikuli and Jenkins and have successfully been running scripts on it using Robot Framework + Jenkins. However, I recently discovered an issue where an exist assertion would fail if I wasn't using remote desktop to connect to the remote PC. The same exist assertion would work if I was remotely logged into the same box.  Baffled, I decided to try to manually run some tests on that box with the Sikuli IDE to see if it could do the exist assertion using the same source image. However, whenever I try to do anything in the IDE, I get this error.

[error] Stopped
[error] Error message: UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 8-10: truncated \xXX

I can't even make a single print statement. Any idea what I can do to resolve this issue?  I am using Sikuli 1.0RC3/Win732-bit

Again, Sikuli is correctly installed on this machine as I am able to run scripts on it remotely via commandline.