[Question #205371]: One image, multiple sizes?

Hi,

Even though I have experience with other automation software, I am a newbie with Sikuli.
Therefore, quick questions:

1. I understand that, when looking for images, Sikuli recognises patterns ("shapes") rather than colors, right?

2. Is it capable to recognise the same image (pattern) but different sizes, while maintaining ratio?
To make it clear, let's say I need to detect an icon. I have the biggest version of the icon.
Can I use Sikuli to "scale down" image ratio and look for the icon image (e.g search 100% to 50% size)?

I am studying tutorials now, but any help towards this purpose (2) is much appreciated.

Thank you.